The Oracle Auditing Problem
An Oracle audit can come out of nowhere, forcing you to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for updated licenses and programs you haven’t used in years or weren’t even aware had been downloaded. However, the complicated nature of self-auditing means that most companies would rather risk an Oracle audit than assess their compliance themselves. Considering that Oracle audits can run into hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of dollars owed in fees, this is a big risk.
Whether your company is out of compliance due to inadequate documentation, impromptu hardware refreshes, a lapse in project tracking, or simple human error, the last thing your company needs is the cost and inconvenience of a sudden Oracle audit. Obviously, compliance is a must, but does the path to compliance really have to be so invasive and expensive?
The Vendita Solution
The good news is, audits don’t have to be complicated or even inconvenient! MAS Lite will enable you to confidently avoid all possible compliance issues. The MAS Lite Oracle auditing tool will present you with a snapshot of everything in your environment. Even more important, you will have the historical record of everything you have ever run to compare to your present environment.
MAS Lite Oracle auditing provides the following advantages:
- Server by server analysis of hardware, software and virtualization technology
- Differentiates environments running Enterprise Edition vs. Standard Edition
- Core counts associated with the overall Oracle architecture
- Detailed analysis of Enterprise Edition options in use (Diagnostics, Tuning, etc.)
- Analysis of the underlying VCenter architecture for license exposure
- Displays network node showing exactly where licensing issues exist
- Financial risk analysis including support costs and total spend
The logging ability of the MAS Lite compliance tool highlights all changes within your environment, allowing you to easily assess whether you are in compliance and then make the necessary changes to get there.