The Oracle Auditing Problem
An Oracle audit can come out of nowhere, forcing you to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for updated licenses and programs you haven’t used in years or weren’t even aware had been downloaded. However, the complicated nature of self-auditing means that most companies would rather risk an Oracle audit than assess their compliance themselves. Considering that Oracle audits can run into hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of dollars owed in fees, this is a big risk.
Whether your company is out of compliance due to inadequate documentation, impromptu hardware refreshes, a lapse in project tracking, or simple human error, the last thing your company needs is the cost and inconvenience of a sudden Oracle audit. Obviously, compliance is a must, but does the path to compliance really have to be so invasive and expensive?
The MAS Solution
The good news is, audits don’t have to be complicated or even inconvenient! MAS will enable you to confidently avoid all possible compliance issues. The MAS Oracle auditing tool will present you with a snapshot of everything in your environment. Even more important, you will have the historical record of everything you have ever run to compare to your present environment.
MAS Oracle auditing provides the following advantages:
- Server by server analysis of hardware and software
- Differentiates environments running Enterprise Edition vs. Standard Edition
- Core counts associated with the overall Oracle architecture
- Detailed analysis of Enterprise Edition options in use (Diagnostics, Tuning, etc.)
- Analysis of the underlying VCenter architecture for license exposure
The logging ability of the MAS compliance tool highlights all changes within your environment, allowing you to easily assess whether you are in compliance and then make the necessary changes to get there.
How it Works
Using a MAS Oracle audit to assess your possible compliance issues is even simpler than it sounds:
- First, MAS collects and enters all hardware data in the MAS compliance piece.
- MAS gathers software data for all servers you are using.
- Finally, MAS packages the data and saves it to make the process even simpler next time.
- Now that you’re aware of risks in your environment, you can optimize and right-size your Oracle license environment.
MAS comes with a feature that outlines your compliance issues in dollar amounts, giving you even more insight into your risk.
MAS offers more than simplicity for DBAs.
It empowers your company to stay on top of compliance risks, saving hundreds of thousands—or even millions—by avoiding an invasive and time-consuming audit.